Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Vegas: Tuesday Night

After going to the pool for a while, Trev and I decided to go to the north end of the strip to the Stratosphere then to downtown.

We get to the Stratosphere around 6:30 and we find a TV production crew from the Jimmy Kimmel show set up around a blackjack table. They bought $30K worth of chips to play three hands of blackjack. If they won the $10K hand, they'd double up to $20K, then double up to $40, and if they won the third hand, they'd share it with the home audience. Jimmy's cousin played basic strategy, but lost all three hands. The dealer felt really bad that he lost.

After which, I sat down at a single zero roulette table to try my luck. I had collected a few other wagers from other people to gamble. The last time I did this, I won a guy $350. But this time, I was not so lucky. I started with $100 and lost all of my money within about 10 minutes. Uhler was grumpy.

We hung around the Stratosphere for a while, not actually going up. We each had a huge container of Heineken and went downtown to catch the Freemont Street Experience.

The Golden Nugget was the destination, and we hung out there until the next show started. Watched it for a few minutes, then went back in to play some blackjack. At this point, I was down $371. I dropped $40 in a few minutes, and then tried my luck playing $7 on the slots. Nothing.

At this point, I was down $418!

We eventually went back to the hotel, and not wanting to be a big loser on the night, I went back downstairs to play my main stint of blackjack.

I took $100 and picked a good table where the money seemed to be flowing out more than in. Next to me was a very drunk lady playing good basic strategy, despite being very, very drunk. She ended up gaining 500-600.

I played $10 a hand for a few hours and managed to double up my money! My first big success.

5:00 rolled around and I went to bed content with my winnings. At this point, I was only $318 down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home