Monday, July 18, 2005

Vegas: Monday Night

We went to sleep about 5:30 very intoxicated, and I was so drunk I forgot to drink water before I went to sleep -- bad idea.

We had stopped by the pool on Sunday and intended to wake up at a decent hour to go there again. 1:30 in the afternoon rolls around and Trev wakes up and gets ready for the pool. Uhler is quite tired and decides to go back to sleep. We both sleep until 5:30, twelve hours after we went to sleep. I needed the rest.

Get ready for breakfast, and go to the Hard Rock Cafe, a few minute walk from the hotel. I had some very good ribs. I saw an older man with a Canon 20D with the extended battery pack taking pictures of his family. He had it set on full auto! I couldn't believe that he would buy a very expensive and very capable camera, only to use it in full auto. Sigh. That's just like buying a jeep and never getting it muddy.

Back to the hotel room and we prepare to go. A few gambling sessions downstairs as Trev gets ready takes me down a few more dollars.

Hit a cab and go to the MGM. Trev is on a mission to find a good hang out place where he can find the 'cool' tourists. He has a beer while I play some BlackJack. (Seriously the best BlackJack tables I've seen -- $10 tables, surrender, and stand on any 17 -- I want to go back!).

We get vague directions to an English pub type place and get there quickly. It's called the Crown and Anchor. A dude ranch. We speak with a local who works on the strip and we exchange stories on Vegas. We meet another local who loves Canadians and he bought us a few beers. (Note, that this is just after a huge night of drinking and I prolly had only two beers on the night.)

We were done around 2:00 and went to Paris to see the mid-strip.

Walked around and found a craps table ($5 - $5,000, 3-4-5 odds). There was a high roller who was losing money left and right. He'd take a half an inch worth of $100s from his pocket and lose it quickly. He took out markers, and was down about $30K in a half an hour.

I had the dice and wanted to make this man a whole lot of money, moreso for my benefit because he might throw some money my way. I managed to make him some money, but not after losing him about $15K.

He had a monster comeback and finished $43K in the plus.

I had some coffee and went home while the sun was coming up.

Most of my gambling sessions were big losers, and I've lost exactly $271 (so far).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home