Life Altering Weekend
It's not often that one can say they've had a life altering weekend. It was significant in a few different ways:
1) I was a groomsman for the first time in my life. The experience was quite amazing as I did what I could to help Boehmer get married.
2) I had my picture taken by two professional photographers. (I might post some of the pictures here, if I can.) One using film, and the other using a digital camera. I had an opportunity to speak with the photographer who used the digital camera. She used it in a very authoritative manner and showed me some tricks with a light meter.
Needless to say, I was quite impressed with both the skill and efficiency of both photographers, and the digital camera. I could tell that the quality of pictures from her good camera were very much better than the one that I could get from mine. This is probably the only time that I have suffered from "camera envy", and, boy howdy, it got me a thinking...
I've convinced myself to purchase it. I already had the money set aside and I'm excited to buy it on Monday.
3) The photographer and I spoke about the business, and it got me thinking about somehow getting more into the game. Volunteering my time as an intern a few days a month to get some experience, and taking some high quality pictures of my family and friends. I have lots of traveling planned over the next few months (Strasbourg Saskatchewan, Las Vegas (again), Halifax, and Vancouver.) There will be lots of things to take pictures of.
As I said, there's not many times in one's life that you can say you've experienced an epiphany, but last weekend was probably one of them.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home